Senior Analyst for Technology Transfer, Transition and Commercialization
Overview: The Senior Analyst for Technology Transfer, Transition, and Commercialization will assist DHS Science &Technology (S&T) in the development and implementation of policy, strategy, plans, and guidelines to support technology transfer to DHS components, Academia, State and Federal Law Enforcement, and technology transition/commercialization to industry. Successful execution will require independent performance with minimal supervision and a comprehensive understanding of the Federal Government space, including government acquisition processes, as well as the value chain of the commercial market space.
The position also requires involvement in external collaborations with the aforementioned strategic partners, ability to identify opportunities and ensure appropriate DHS stakeholder buy-ins, and advisory support for collaborations intended to accelerate technologies for private and public use.
Position located NCR, near McPherson Square
- Serve as advisory support and subject matter expert for technology transfer, transition, and commercialization activities
- Strategic planning, with a focus on research portfolios and intended economic, financial, and functional impacts
- Business planning for specific opportunities
- Building and maintaining relationships with varied set of stakeholders
- Leading cross functional teams evaluating and conducting due diligence on identified opportunities.
- Establishing and leading technology assessments to evaluate the commercial potential of a specific technology
Qualifications (Required - Completed DoD NACLC and eligible for DHS Suitability)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
• Experience supporting executive/SES level leadership
• Demonstrated ability to drive for results independently and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
• Ability to work on multiple projects which includes prioritizing, tracking, attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through to pro ject completion
• Must possess good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships.
• Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills
• Excellent problem solving and team building skills
• Advanced Degree
• Experience with business financing and venture capital
• Focus on potential manufacturing and scaling of products/software and ensuring appropriate supply chain strategies are developed for commercialization
• Intellectual property expertise